Wednesday 19 June - Thursday 20 June 2019
Scientific research ... more than just white coats
- Suitable for: Any student in Year 12 - no need to be accompanied by a teacher or adult
- Date: Wednesday 19 June, Thursday 20 June 09:30-15:00
There is a full programme of events from 09.30-15:30 so please plan to be with us all day.
- Venue: MRC Harwell, Harwell Campus, Oxfordshire OX11 0RD
- Description: An interactive event for Year 12 students. Come and learn what it is like to work as a research scientist and how we investigate the function of genes in mice.
- Additional details: Booking required. The event is free, but individual students need to register by completing a simple application form, go to the Harwell website.
- Organisers: MRC Mammalian Genetics Unit and Mary Lyon Centre at MRC Harwell
Friday 21 June 2019
Research Complex at Harwell Schools' Open Day
- Suitable for: Pre-booked educational groups
- Date: Friday 21 June 10:00-13:00
- Venue: Research Complex at Harwell Rutherford Appleton Laboratory, Harwell Campus, Didcot, Oxfordshire OX11 0FA
- Description: Activities include: growing protein crystals, 3D printing, laser science, and DNA extraction.
- Additional details: Pre-booked. Registration of interest has now closed.
- Organisers: Research Complex at Harwell