Wednesday 19 June 2019
Maisha Fiti film screening and discussion
- Suitable for: Pre-booked - sex workers and related support organisations
- Date: Wednesday 19 June 11:00-13:00
- Venue: Nairobi, Kenya
- Description: Violence is a strong risk factor for mental health and HIV vulnerability among women who sell sex. Sex workers in Nairobi and support organisations watch and discuss a specially created short film about the violence that they as sex workers face and the ways they are coming together to address it. The film sets the stage for an innovative study investigating violence, HIV risk and mental health among sex workers in Nairobi.
Maisha Fiti is a partnership between Partners for Health and Development in Africa, the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine and the University of Toronto, funded by the MRC and DFID.
- Additional details: Pre-booking only
- Organisers: Partners for Health and Development in Africa and The London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine