Wednesday 19 June 2019
Visit to a primary school
- Suitable for: Pre-booked educational groups - pupils/students/teachers
- Date: Wednesday 19 June 10:00-12:00
- Venue: St Ebbe's CE (Aided) Primary School, Whitehouse Road, Oxford OX1 4NA
- Description: Members of the MRC Brain Network Dynamics Unit will mount a range of hands-on activities to help pupils understand more about the brain, memory and movement. Activities will include observing nerve cells under a microscope, measuring electrical activity from muscles and discovering different type of memories.
- Additional details: Pre-booked, the visit will be attended by Year 6 pupils and their teachers. Go to the MRC BNDU website for further information.
- Organisers: MRC Brain Network Dynamics Unit at the University of Oxford
Sunday 23 June 2019
Science in the Shopping Centre
- Suitable for: General public - family
- Date: Sunday 23 June 11:00-17:00
- Venue: Westgate Oxford, Queen St, Oxford OX1 1TR
- Description: Our bodies are very good at spotting and destroying invaders such as viruses or bacteria, but unfortunately cancer cells can escape detection. Come and speak to our researchers about cancer immunotherapy, a Nobel prize-winning therapy that helps your own immune system detect and fight cancer!
- Additional details: Drop-in (no booking required)
- Organisers: MRC Human Immunology Unit at the University of Oxford, MRC Molecular Haematology Unit at the University of Oxford, MRC Weatherall Institute of Molecular Medicine at the University of Oxford