Opportunities are used to alert researchers to areas of biomedical science that are currently a high priority for the MRC. They do not have a separate budget; applications should be submitted to the relevant research board or panel in accordance with our standard deadlines. Applications against opportunities are considered in competition with other applications received; however strategic relevance to the opportunity will be one of the criteria considered during the review process.
Methodology opportunities notices
- Observational data in development of learning health systems
- Case study-based research for context in complex interventions
- Causal models of complex interventions
- Reporting guidelines for non-communicable disease public health modelling studies
- Improvement of data access and quality for use in pain research
- Diagnostic development and assessment