6 Feb 2019
Professor Nita Gandhi Forouhi, of the MRC Epidemiology Unit at the University of Cambridge, studies food and nutrition, and how this affects our health. Here she reveals some dietary home truths, the importance of good, solid evidence and her passion for championing equality in science.
Career in brief
- Medical degree with BSc degree in immunology, Newcastle University
- Junior doctor jobs in Newcastle and Edinburgh
- Four-year Wellcome fellowship in clinical epidemiology, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine
- Specialised in public health in London and Cambridge
- From postdoc to programme leader and professor at the MRC Epidemiology Unit, University of Cambridge; honorary consultant public health physician with Public Health England