MRC Head Office
We have head offices in Swindon and London.
During the pandemic teams based in both our Swindon and London offices have been working remotely, while staff are now beginning to return to the office, hybrid working between home and office is encouraged. We have and still anticipate to receive an increased volume of enquiries, so please bear with us while we endeavour to respond to all enquiries as soon as possible.
The best way for you to contact us continues to be by email. Please see the ‘Funding and eligibility’ section below, for details of MRC team contact email addresses and links to the pages detailing MRC Programme Manager contact information. if you are unsure where to direct your enquiry please email RFPD@mrc.ukri.org, with sufficient details of your query to enable us to ensure your query is directed to the correct MRC Team/Person.
We are now able to take phone enquiries in some circumstances, where this is the case phone numbers will be in staff contact details provided in our initial response to you.
MRC staff: If you know the name of the person you wish to contact, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
General enquiries: email@example.com
Medical advice: The MRC is not able to offer medical advice. Instead, please contact NHS Choices.
Press: For press enquiries only, please contact: 01793 298902 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Chief Executive's Office: Private.Office@mrc.ukri.org
Invoices, suppliers and job applications
Please see the UK Shared Business Services (UKSBS) website if you have a query about any of the following:
- Finance - queries about invoices
- Procurement - queries about becoming a supplier
- Recruitment - queries about job applications
Our counter fraud and bribery policy document is available on the UKRI website.
If you wish to raise any concerns or report suspected cases of fraud please contact: email@example.com
Funding and eligibility
General MRC remit, funding policy and eligibility enquiries
For general enquiries regarding remit, funding policy and eligibility, please contact our Research Funding Policy & Delivery Team. Email: RFPD@mrc.ukri.org
Research proposal scientific and administration queries
If you have a query about the scientific aspects of your research proposal, please see the contacts listed on the following pages:
- Infections and immunity Science Manager Contacts . For all general enquiries, please contact IIB@mrc.ukri.org
- Molecular and cellular biology Science Manager Contacts . For all general enquiries, please contact MCMB@mrc.ukri.org
- Neurosciences and mental health Science Manager Contacts. For all general enquiries, please contact: NMHB@mrc.ukri.org
- Population and systems medicine Science Manager Contacts . For all general enquiries, please contact: PSMB@mrc.ukri.org
- Biomedical Catalyst: Developmental Pathway Funding Scheme (DPFS). For all general enquiries, please contact the DPFS Team on DPFSandDCS@mrc.ukri.org.
- Methodology Research Programme Panel. For all general enquiries, please contact: MRPGrants@mrc.ukri.org.
- Joint Global Health Trials. For all general enquiries, please contact: JGHT@mrc.ukri.org.
- Health Systems Research Initiative. For all general enquiries, please contact: HSRI@mrc.ukri.org.
- Applied Global Health Research Board. For all general enquiries, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- MRC-NIHR methodology research programme contacts
- MRC Fellowship enquiries: Should you wish to discuss a proposal to any MRC fellowship scheme eg to discuss your scientific interests, career aspirations, choice of scheme, please email Fellows@mrc.ukri.org including the following information:
- CV in our CV template (DOCX, 27KB)
- List of relevant publications
- Short overview of the project and how the fellowship will support your career aspirations
If you are unsure who to contact please email the Research Funding Policy & Delivery Team (Email: RFPD@Headoffice.mrc.ac.uk) with your latest CV and short project overview.
Peer review enquiries
If you have a query about the peer review of a research proposal, either as an applicant, reviewer or Board/Panel member, please contact our MRC Board and Panel team. Email: PeerReview@mrc.ukri.org.