Saturday 15 June 2019
Unit Open Day - Celebrating 75 years of the CBU
- Suitable for: General public - family
- Date: Saturday 15 June 10:00-16:00
- Venue: MRC Cognition and Brain Sciences Unit, University of Cambridge, 15 Chaucer Road, Cambridge CB2 7EF
- Description: Guests can come and listen to exciting talks about the Unit's current research projects, learn about the history of the Unit and also get involved with hands on activities and experiments, suitable for all ages. Tours of the MRI and MEG scanner will also run throughout the day.
- Additional details: Drop-in (no booking required). Talks will be repeated twice - once in the morning and afternoon. Bookable scanner tours, demonstrations and activities will take place throughout the day.
- Organisers: MRC Cognition and Brain Sciences Unit
Wednesday 19 June 2019
MRC Cancer Unit- Schools Open Day
- Suitable for: Pre-booked educational groups - pupils/students/teachers
- Date: Wednesday 19 June 13:00-17:30
- Venue: MRC Cancer Unit, Hills Road, Cambridge CB2 OXZ
- Description: An Open Day for Sixth Form students from local schools where they visit the Unit and perform hands-on experiments as well as interact with our staff and graduate students to gain a flavour of life at a research organisation and opportunities that arise through training in research and science.
- Additional details: Needs prior booking and arrangement. Contact Anasuya Chattopadhyay for further information: email@example.com
- Organisers: MRC Cancer Unit
Thursday 20 June 2019
A Pattern for Progress
- Suitable for: Pre-booked patients/carers and their families/patient groups
- Date: Thursday 20 June 14:00-19:00
- Venue: Jeffrey Cheah Biomedical Centre, Puddicombe Way, Cambridge CB2 0AF
- Description: Through a series of ceramic workshops, scientists and MS sufferers have been brought together to create tiles that reflect their different experience of MS. The finished work will be unveiled at the new Biomedical Centre, alongside a film documenting the process.
- Additional details: Pre-booked, information to follow. This will be a focused patient event followed by a wider public showing that will continue outside of the MRC Festival.
- Organisers: Wellcome - Medical Research Council Cambridge Stem Cell Institute, in partnership with MS Society Cambridge and District Group